Javelot is a connected silothermometry solution for grain flat storage at the farm. Javelot allows to measure the temperature in the grain and transmits the information in the form of graphs and alerts to the farmer on his smartphone or his computer. Javelot thus:
- Secures revenues by preserving the quality of the grain
- Reduces ventilation and storage incident related costs
- Automates and simplifyies temperature measurements.
With Javelot, the measurements are taken automatically and systematically, this represents fewer constraints for you. Temperatures, curves and alerts are available everywhere thanks to the web and mobile application.
Finally, scientific studies have shown that one shot measuring systems are not effective in monitoring grain piles in relation to insect infestations.
Javelot allows you to secure your incomes and therefore avoid losses (by maintaining the quality and class of your grain): income saved from 5 to 10€ per ton.
Javelot also reduces storage costs:
- Ventilation Costs (25 to 50% Savings on Ventilation Power Consumption)
- Treatment costs in case of incident avoided, for example: 1€ for insecticide treatment, 2-3€ break in load.
Javelot is the best solution for flat storage on the farm:
- The installation is very simple, it is done in a few minutes. There is no wire and there is no need for electrical connections or Internet connection access
- With Javelot, there's no need to go into the silo or climb on the pile of grain since measurement are automatic and can be accesses from anywhere, thanks to a smartphone or a PC
- Javelot proposes an alert system: you are warned if there is a risk (temperature too high, rise in temperature, etc.).
Javelot can be installed at any time in the grain. It is therefore not necessary to anticipate the installation at harvest time. However, for optimal grain monitoring, it is recommended to install the Javelot sensors immediately after harvest.
In addition, Javelot sensors can be removed when you empty your storage and therefore do not encumber the site.
The Javelot solution is designed to operate autonomously. Thus, the sensors and the gateway are operate on battery, requiring no external power supply.
Javelot also does not require Internet access: we use the Sigfox network to transmit the measured data on the network. On the other hand, you must have access to 3G / 4G or wifi on your smartphone in order to consult the Javelot application.
The relay is used to transmit the data collected by the sensors to the Javelot computer servers, using the Sigfox network. The relay must therefore be positioned in the same room as the sensors. We recommend that you install it indoors, close to a wall or an opening to the outside and away from the ground. You can either place it on a beam, a wall edge, or fix it with the holes on the housing provided for this purpose.
The Javelot solution can be installed by one person who must position the sensors in the grain and install the gateway. However, if the number of sensors is large, it may be more practical to be two for the installation.
For security reason it is not recommended to walk on the pile of grain without constant supervision of a person in the storage area.
In order to measure the temperature you have to push the sensors into the grain. The temperature sensor is located at the bottom of the sensor's rod. Depending on the sensor's depth in the grain pile you will measure different temperatures. We advise the following depths:
- Monitoring of a pile with floor ventilation or ducting on the ground: 0.5 to 1m depth
- Surveillance of a pile equipped with an exhaust ventilation from the top (type chimneys surmounted by an engine): ~ 2 m depth
- Monitoring a pile without ventilation: 0.5 - 1 m deep
- Follow-up of spring temperature changes (January - June): 50 cm deep
It is necessary to install one gateway for each storage space.
For example, if you are storing in two buildings in the same location, it will be necessary to install one gateway per building. On the other hand, if in the same building you store the same type of grain in two separate heaps or cells, it is possible to use a single gateway for the whole.
A maximum of 60 sensors can be associated with a gateway. That corresponds, according to our recommendations, to a pile of 3,000 tons of grain.
You can use the Javelot app on iPhone, iPad and Android devices. It can also be accessed from your computer via an Internet browser at the following address:app.javelot.ag
The sensors installed in the grain transmit by radio protocol the temperature information to the gateway installed on the same site. This gateway uses the networkSigfox to transmit the collected information to the Javelot IT servers running the application. With your personnal login details you will then access to your storage information.
The Javelot sensors have an autonomy of approximately 6 years. As it is sealed for security, it is not possible to replace these batteries.
The gateway has an autonomy of about 2 years. When the battery level is low, the user is notified by the Javelot application and must change the batteries (see Replacing batteries in the gateway" section).
Temperature measurements are taken every 3 hours. The application is updated every hour with the latest data.
The purchase of the equipment includes a one-year warranty.
Once your request is forwarded to our customer service, we will process your request as soon as possible and we will send you the replacement equipment immediately.